When you experience dissatisfaction with life or symptoms like anxiety and depression, I will work collaboratively with you to understand and work through problems that are blocking your natural growth and progress in life and in your relationships.
Benefits of Adult Therapy
Therapy can be life changing in so many ways. When you commit to the therapy process, you are likely to experience:
- Less depression, anxiety and shifting moods
- A reduction in defensiveness and more flexible thinking
- Less frustration with others and an improved ability to resolve conflict
- Better and more restful sleep with balanced energy levels
- Improved communication, relationships, and capacity for intimacy
- More confidence and self-acceptance
- Enhanced goal setting and greater life accomplishments
- Individuals who complete the therapy process often report an improved overall quality of life and increased hope for the future.
Young Adults and Adolescents
Young adults and adolescents present special challenges in therapy. Symptoms may be present and manifest in ways that are very different from adults and young children. Also, this period in development is a time of great changes and identity shifts. It is very important to choose a psychologist who has been specifically trained to work with these challenges.
Working with Children
Children communicate their thoughts and feelings through play. A trained therapist is able to understand a child’s inner world, feelings, and frustrations by observing and participating in the child’s play. Much of the work of therapy occurs through fantasy play, however, the results are very real and transfer directly to the child’s life.